Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A cheezy and creamy Monday

After came back from Kota Bharu I don’t really wanna rice as my meal. I am not that type of person who must has rice in every meal. I would rather go for noodles or other food, preferably. But the week in KB I had rice every day. At least once per day.

So for dinner last night I opted for something else. Craved for mushroom soup and cheese. I heard that the Italian restaurant in SS2 serves very nice mushroom soup and Szee agreed to have a try. We were so happy to find a parking space right in front of the restaurant, and the following second we found that the restaurant was not open. Joy turned into disappointment in just one second.

At last we turned up in 1 Utama. Heading to New York Deli. Our first time since it opened long time ago. I also heard about the bravo-ness of its mushroom soup.

Roasted Mushroom Cappuccino

Mushroom chunks in cream broth but not too creamy. Even nicer when a pinch of coarse black pepper was added. That was the way Szee likes it. I would prefer richer ones. ;p

Beef Lasagna

Really really cheesy! Got the right thing to fulfill my lust. I managed to finish the whole lasagna! Must start to reduce my diet from now onwards.

Tagliatelle Mushroom Alfredo with Crispy Fish

Creamy! But you won't feel it's fattening. Most of the creamy pasta are just creamy without any other taste. This one was tasty. Szee who doesn't really like thick and creamy stuff indeed enjoyed it very much. The crispy fish was not dory fillet, we didn't know what was it. Butterfish? The texture of the fillet was quite different from what we usually have. Special.

Root Beer Float with Vanilla Ice Cream

For drinks I ordered Dark Strawberry, so-called "their very own chocolate velvet and strawberry". But it was not the same as expected, and I didn't like it. So I didn't take any photo of it.

Thanks to dear for the dinner. It's nice to have the food you wanted so much, right in front of you.

By the way, Chinese New Year is just around the corner. CNY decorations in progress. Szee said the 招财猫 looked like panda, while I said rabbit. What do you think?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I want cheese, I want cheese !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shee Ying said...

David, go to supermarket and buy cheesdale.
;p

Post a Comment