Thursday, November 5, 2009

Do you feel any gap between us?

To all my beloved friends. Especially to those who are already working, who are in a totally different world from me.

You may feel the gap between us these days.
You may feel that we have lesser subjects of conversation.
You may feel that I am a geek who only lives on doing lab works and reading journals.
You may feel that I am unable to share the story of your rat race life.
You may feel that I am immature.
You may feel that our friendship faded away.

What I can tell is,
I am still who I am.
I cherish every memory that we created together.
I appreciate our schooldays or our university life.

I remember those days when we stayed back at school after scout meeting on Saturdays.
I remember the hard but happy time when we were organizing the camping campfire.
I remember those days we hid in the little SPBT room.
I remember those days when we had tuition and barbeques at your house.
I remember those days when we hung out at Starbucks and McD.
I missed the wonderful trip we had in Gopeng.
I remember those days we studied together every afternoon.
I remember that you bought fries and brought CDs to my house on your foot, just because I felt bored.

I remember the day we met and knew each other in university.
I remember those days we attended lectures together.
I remember those days we chatted in the hostel throughout the whole night.
I remember those days we celebrated festivals and birthdays.
I remember those days we ran here and there to prepare the event.
I remember that unforgettable night in DTC.
I remember those days we slept in lecture hall.
I remember those days we skipped lectures together. (not very often la.... XD)
I missed those days we carried out the research project together.
I remember those days we had pillow talks, steamboat and yee sang.
I remember those days we took care of Burger and Hotdog.
I remember how we got the flags on National Day and waved them on your motorbike.
I remember that day, together we wore mortarboards and got our scrolls.

Now we have different path and our own destiny. One thing that will not change is that I value our friendship. You can always call me or just send me a message. You can tell me how arrogant your boss is, or complain about your dull daily routine, or just to share your excitement when you get your first bonus. If possible we can also meet up to show me your new hairstyle.

Thanks for being my friend, my lifelong friends.

4 comments:

Tan Liu Sheng 陈柳昇 said...

my colleagues and superior are not arrogant.. my department got a lot of nice 'jie jie' willing to teach me and guide me.

the probability to show you new hairstyle is very low.. haaha..

Shee Ying said...

haha liusheng thanks for updating me....if 1 day u really change ur hairstyle then u MUST call me oh...

Tan Liu Sheng 陈柳昇 said...

haha.. yesterday when he call me i just cut my hair.. BUT is the same. haaahaaa

vivien said...

haha.. the gap will always there unless u go out to work .. but is will not harm ur frienship rite? true frien is still there even the topic is different..no matter u are a student or not..

Post a Comment