Monday, September 6, 2010

Restoran Yong Tau Foo Chan Chan @ Bandar Manjalara, Kepong

So long didn't blog about food. This time I don't talk about the quality of the food, but the service of the restaurant. I was greatly inspired by the lady boss of a restaurant to come out with this post.

Give a big round of applause to~~

Restoran Yong Tau Foo Chan Chan @ Bandar Manjalara, Kepong!


We, total of 4, reached at the restaurant before 8pm. We ordered 30 pieces of yong tau foo only but it took unreasonably long to get our food served. Knowing the sluggish service, once our food was served we straight away placed our order for additional 7 pieces to be taken away.

We finished our food, yet the take-away order was not done yet. We asked for the bill and also the take-away order, for SEVERAL times. Each time we asked, the workers (one chinese lady and many foreign workers) nodded but nobody had done anything on our request.

Our table was at the other side of the restaurant, so we moved to the counter and told the lady boss. She claimed that the kitchen crew were new and not familiar with the orders. She said she would ask them to cook for us IMMEDIATELY and then she went into the kitchen.

We ended up waiting at the counter for another ??minutes. For just 7 pieces of yong tau foo. Finally a chinese guy from the kitchen responded to us, "Sorry the orders are messed up. Another 2 minutes, very fast!"

What? Still have to wait. Okay fine, since it's just 2 minutes more so mum said ok, and we waited.

It was definitely more than 2 minutes yet there was no sign of any take-away order getting ready. I walked to the kitchen and asked the chinese guy for our order. If it's still not done yet then I might want to cancel it. "On the way! On the way!", he said.

Finally as the lady boss handed over the precious yong tau foo to us, I was expecting something like "Here is your order, sorry for keep you waiting...", or at least something like that.

Instead? Making a face, she blamed me for keep urging her although she had explained to me that the crew were new. What?! As if I had done something wrong! Hello, I spend almost 2 hours here just for 37pieces yong tau foo, 1 white rice and 2 chinese teas and WE PAY YOU FOR THAT! RM41! And now we as the customers being blamed.Through her tone of voice and facial expression, I thought we were not customers but the workers who didn't deliver the orders! This is really unacceptable.

I tried to keep my temper and told her not to simply give promise that she couldn't achieve; if the food is not ready yet then just tell the truth, don't let customers wait for 2 minutes and another 2 minutes,...endless! To my surprise she even raised her volume, repeated that her crew were new and I wouldn't understand because I didn't run my own business! What kind of service was that?! I really lost my temper. I do not run a restaurant, but at least I am not treated in this way at other restaurants! She shouted, "Then just go to other restaurants la!"

As her wish, I will definitely NOT going to revisit this restaurant.

I am not the only one who commented on her service. Check this out on Malaysia Most Wanted!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

walao..............

yintengc said...

rily lousy service...出钱吃饭还要受一肚子气 =.=

choi yen said...

this place is really good business

Shee Ying said...

结果最近见到酿豆腐都会有一点小生气... >.<

Joey said...

Try running a business and you'll salute us for surviving in this competition market for almost 10 years!
Last advice to you, shut the fuck up bitch!
You must be glad that we didn't charge you any government tax or better more, service tax!

Anonymous said...

Andy said...

Joey... this is exactly the kind of poor service we are talking about. It is a competitive market...very competitive infact. If you do not appreciates us as a customers, then we rather spend our money elsewhere. Charging service tax is your perogative and charging government tax is mandatory if your business exceeds certain revenue volume. Not having to charge both does not give you the rights to scold people. As business operators and you cannot accept critism, then close shop and move on. Customers are always willing to forgive and give another chance for improvement. But not for arrogance.

Post a Comment