Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The recurrent pain in women

Okay, this is not only girls' stuff, guys should read more about these to understand how girls feel!

Menstruation is common in every woman's life. The associated pain and cramps are common too but not in every woman. I always feel jealous of those who have easy periods! ;-(

Common PMS symptoms: abdominal cramps, abdominal bloating, stress or anxiety, headache, fatigue, backache, nausea and mood swings. I just lost my temper during a phone call just now. Feel so sorry now after the temper has gone.

Other than the common symptoms, sometimes I feel cold under the sun, and sometimes I vomit. But I hate the cramps the most. I tried many types of painkillers, Ibuprofen, mefenamic acid, Hyoscine N-butylbromide, and even the capsules prescribed by Chinese Sinseh. All have no effects on me.

Here are some measures taken from some websites to save the girls from recurrent nightmares.

A warm bath or a heating pad will just do the trick. It relaxes muscles spasms and relieves the cramps. This one works well on me, haha.

There are many remedies to ease the menstrual cramps.

Chamomile tea.
Raspberry leaf tea.
Caffeine should be avoided, these teas are caffeine-free!
Fresh ginger, pounded and boiled in water and sweetened with honey.
Calcium and magnesium intake.
The chinese herb Dong Quai. But with possible side effects! Certain people should not take this.
Avoid ice and cold drinks!
After all, a well-balanced diet, with emphasis on fresh fruits, raw vegetables and whole grain cereals.

Another personal remedy for me every month, a specially-made-for-me red date tea. Hahahaha. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment