Sunday, February 21, 2010

CNY dinner@Tokyo G Sunway Pyramid

There is a CNY custom among Szee and I. Due to the overcrowding in the Chinese restaurants, this year we picked a Japanese restaurant. I never been to Sushi Groove, now it becomes Tokyo G. And now only I paid my first visit at their branch in Sunway Pyramid.

It has a special ambiance that differs from other typical Japanese restaurant. Dimmed, funky, modern. Szee with his new glasses. This time all the photos were taken using his new phone Nokia 5730.

See? Japanese restaurants also have promotions for CNY.
The set is inclusive of 2 chawanmushi, 2 miso soups, 2 ocha, 1 salmon salad, 3 main dishes (10 choices of their best-selling items) and 1 dessert. The choices of main dish is not limited to their signature sushi rolls only, but there are also Salmon Garlic Fried Rice and Curry Bibimbap for rice lovers, or pastas for those who opt for fusion of Western and Japanese food.

The salmon salad. Appetizer that really raised our appetite.

We ordered a pasta and two sushi rolls.
Photos which were shown in the menu; while the bottoms were the food served.

Tokyo G-carbonara


Fusion Dragon


IUnagi Roll

I was impressed! The food served was almost exactly the same as what was shown in the menu. Like it! Unlike many other restaurants which just show nice photos for illustration purposes only, feel being cheated when the food was served.

Our 'yee sang'
This year I lou sang twice, but none of them were proper yee sang. With BMC members we lou bibimbap, while with dear we lou pasta. We have enough creativity.

I was surprised to see clams(lala) in our miso soups. Haha.

Their chawanmushi was superb. We enjoyed it very much and that's why I forgot to take a picture of it.

Lots of food. For the price of RM59.90, the set is worth for money, but I won't recommended for those who could not eat much. Quality of the food? Here are my personal comments:
Tokyo G-carbonara: Mussels were not very big in size, but they were fresh. Usually I don't really like shitake mushrooms, but they tasted nice with the carbonara sauce.
Fusion Dragon: This recipe is a real fusion. Beef and mango slices, shrimp tempura and chili padi. Yes, chili padi! There was a 'spicy' sign in the menu to warn you before you order. Szee didn't like the fusion. While for me, it was unique rather than tasty. Hot-flavoured beef and mango sushi, plus the crunchiness of the tempura, it was a unique sensation indeed.
IUnagi Roll: I knew it was topped with unagi, but I wonder what's in the roll! I am not an expert but I think I could tell the unagi was of good quality. The filling in the sushi roll looked like crab stick, but tasted like soft shell crab. I could sense something crunchy inside!

We had Mango Ice Cream Tempura for dessert.
So-so only. No comment on the dessert.

Generally it was a nice dining experience. It was weird to hear waitresses in Japanese restaurant speaking in Malay, but they were attentive and polite. So a plus point for them.

Before we left, took a snapshot at the entrance.
New year, new hope, new target, new goal.
One of the targets: Save money, lose weight; so cut down cari makan. Wish us all the best!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

(T.T) So nice n so cheap.. !!!! I want to go !!!

Shee Ying said...

I think the promotion until this weekend only. Faster go la... hahaha...

Post a Comment