Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sakura Cafe and Cuisine, Jalan Imbi

It was a Saturday. Evening. As we expected, Szee and I stuck in jam when we were heading to Times Square. The traffic was really slow in Jalan Imbi. So we turned into an empty parking at the roadside, for an impromptus dinner.

Tadaa~
Sakura Cafe and Cuisine

This restaurant exists since long time ago, before I was born. I was here when I was a kid, my parents brought me here for a few times. I could recall that their nasi lemak and assam fish head were their signature dishes, according to my parents. But I don't really remember how it taste. So now me as a KL-ian brought a SP-ian to this tranquil restaurant which was quite well known in KL during 80's.


Looking out through their glass fixed window, we felt glad to be here, warm and calm, rather than the heavy traffic out there.

Tit bits

Nasi Lemak RM14.80
Curry chicken. Two chicken thighs; soft, juicy and spicy.
Sambal ikan bilis. Lots of onions. Similar to chinese style nasi lemak (my own definition).

What makes it different from others: the sambal shrimp. Dried shrimp floss, ones who cannot tolerate hot food might find it fiery hot.

Achar
I prefer my grandma's version. This one is too garlicky for me.

French baked onion soup RM8.00
Served with bread and butter.
It tasted and looked like a dish that Szee cooked for me before. But of course I would prefer Szee's. Haha. This one? Nothing special, forgettable.

Calamansi RM6.00
Too sweet. Would taste better if lesser syrup was added.

Sakura serves a wide variety of food. Noodles, rice, porridge, abalone and shark's fin, Chinese dishes, Western grilled entrees and sandwiches. Note that they serve no pork and alcohol. Muslims can feel free to dine in here.

If I trap in traffic jam in Jalan Imbi again, I think I would try Sakura's Western grilled entrees for my next visit.

By the way, they provide delivery service too.

After the dinner, we left our car parked in front of Sakura, and we went to Times Square on foot. In the rain.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This one not look really good wor~

Shee Ying said...

nasi lemak is ok. but the soup... forget bout it.
Light dinner only, didn't order much, so couldn't compare the food.

Post a Comment