Sunday, December 27, 2009

A nice movie @ a stupid mall

I've watched the trailer months ago. Not interested in this movie, at all. From the trailer I didn't see any storyline, beautiful scenes, or exciting actions. Moreover, the bluish organisms looked kinda creepy.

AVATAR

Since the movie was on screen, all of the comments and reviews that I heard were positive. Most of them were "Two thumbs up!". Well, my feeling towards this movie was just neutral.

Last Wednesday Szee and I went to Tropicana City Mall for the movie day. Yes, the same mall again, because it is the nearest and less congested. Szee wanted to watch Avatar, I didn't have any specific movie to watch, and Avatar was showing in 3 halls at a time. So that's the one we watched.

After the 165minutes-long-movie, my feeling turned from "neutral" to become "this is really a nice movie!". How come the trailer showed all the boring plots and dull scenes instead of the meaningful storyline and astonishing visual effects. I heard that the movie is even nicer in 3D, but I am not a fan of 3D movie, so it doesn't matter for me. RM6 for the movie, really worth it!

I don't talk about the content of the movie here because I guess most of you already watched it. For those who haven't, do it while it's still showing in cinema!!!

Our movie was at 9pm. The mall was closed when the movie ended. As I said, 3 halls showing the same movie at the same time, meaning to say the crowd would leave the cinema to carpark at the same time. As we walked towards the escalator, we found that the security guards have blocked it with trashbin and potplants. So we moved to another escalator at another side of the mall. Same thing happened and there was a security guard beside the escalator. Some people wanted to move the trashbins away but the guard stopped them. We told him that we wanted to go down to the carpark but he told us that we couldn't use the escalator. What?? He insisted and we didn't want to stuck in a fight during late night, so we headed to the emergency staircase beside the lift. I was shocked to find that even exit to the EMERGENCY stairs was locked! What's the point of having a LOCKED EMERGENCY EXIT? So the only way out for all of us, hundreds of people, was to take the lift. I was really pissed off (I believed most of the people too, especially those who argued with the guard), what kind of mall management was that?! Luckily the movie was nice, otherwise it would really ruined my mood.

In short, Avatar is really a nice and meaningful movie, I think. And if you're watching a late night movie in Tropicana City Mall, be prepared! Haha!

2 comments:

Tan Liu Sheng 陈柳昇 said...

haha.. i watched Avatar 2 time in a week..
anyway, i watched 2012 there came out mid night 3am++ same trashbin we met then we immediately take the lift and everything is fine.

Shee Ying said...

The lift nearest to the cinema was over flooded. We rushed to the one further, luckily it was not that bad.

Post a Comment