Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Being cheated?

You often see online advertisements of part time job as freelance data entry, interested and wanna have a try? Here I share with you my experience.

Many months ago I saw some part time jobs posted in forums. Freelance data entry, sounds good. Can work from home or even office, anytime. Detailed information of the job was not posted, you are required to send an email to the post author and he/she will tell you the details. So I sent an email, no harm trying right? Soon the author replied, telling that I had to pay RM80 as deposit to make sure that I was really willing to commit myself to this job. RM80? If I could pay that amount I wouldn't want to look for part time job. So I ignored the email.

Last 2 weeks I discovered a part time job website. I could not take most of the jobs since I am working in UM during office hours, Monday to Friday. So I only considered freelance jobs. Again, there were many data entry positions available. Once again, I emailed the person-in-charge to get more information about it. Here is part of the reply I got:

The position for Home Based Data Entry that you inquired about does require you to have a computer with
email access. Printers are not at all required but can be helpful. You can begin working FT or PT; the choice is up to you. You will need minimal typing skills for this position. You will be processing orders from your own computer via your email. This work from home opportunity will make you real money. You will not have to contact anyone; you will be contacted through your email. Now you must be willing to work as with any job, and it does require some time and effort to be successful. You will be paid RM20.00 for each order you process.
There is a "One Time Fee" of RM20.00 to begin. This is the cost of the Training Materials. The Training Materials give you the step-by-step instructions on how YOU get started. When you receive your Training Materials you may begin working that very same day. Once you have processed your first order you will have already made back the cost of your Training Materials. You will receive your training materials through your email. This work from home opportunity is legitimate and how successful you are only depends on the time and effort you put in. I am here to help you get started and answer any questions that you may have. If you are serious, and are willing to put forth some time and effort, then I look very forward to hearing from you again.

Sounds interesting? I hesitated whether to spend the RM20. I clearly understood that this might be just a cheat. By paying RM20 I would either learn a lesson or start earning some money. I considered it for a few days and Szee knew it was bothering me. He said he would pay for it and asked me to try.

After I transferred the money into the given bank account, in return I received something in my email account.

Congratulation that you are selected to this job.
You can started work today. Good luck!


Along with 14 attached files; PDF files and Word documents.


7 RAHSIA DALAM BISNES GAYAPOS. pdf
90 Days to Financial Freedom in Malaysia.pdf
100 BISNES DARI MEJA MAKAN DIRUMAH.pdf
BAGAIMANA_MEMPEROLEHI_RM2000_SEMINGGU_DENGAN_KOMPUTER.pdf


and others, about how to get other people into this job. Suggestions to promote your 'business'. They have email templates to be sent to your clients (just like what I've received), advertisement templates, lists of websites and free classifieds to advertise your 'business'. "The more ads you put, the more money you make", according to them.

Now I understand the operation of this 'business'.
You will not have to contact anyone; you will be contacted through your email. Now you must be willing to work as with any job, and it does require some time and effort to be successful. You will be paid RM20.00 for each order you process.This is not about data entry. The time and effort required is not typing but is to post up advertisements, and for each fool who responses (like me) you will get RM20, then you will send them the 'training materials' to get their jobs started.

So now you know what is it about. If you feel that I was being cheated, I would rather say that I learned a lesson.



p/s: To dear, sorry for your RM20... I buy you something else la ok? ;p

4 comments:

Gou Rean said...

nice!...everyone can start to do business now!!

u also can do the same thing to earn back RM20...or more...XD

Unknown said...

Nice try though

yintengc said...

oo...after read ur article only I realize these are scam. thx for sharing & sacrifice RM20 for this lesson... ;)

-jenna- said...

Last few years i kena before dy..
Mine is higher than yours.. i think i paid rm40..
i oso learned my lesson =)

Post a Comment