Sunday, April 4, 2010

Food! Foood!! Foooood!!! @ Miri Sarawak

Remember I just came back from Miri not long ago? Here I update you with some photos, mainly about food. ;p

First of all, of course the authentic Sarawak food: Sarawak laksa!

Then the famous kolok mee.
Another version of kolok mee.

Kuay chap. Sold by a classmate of my newly-made Miri friends. I liked it personally, though Selina and Ming Ching couldn't really accept the taste of the soup, perhaps too piggish?

Finally I tasted Lei Cha (擂茶)which was bitter. Lei Cha is a kind of Hakka food which is not widely known or accepted by most of the people. This bitter Lei Cha I had in Miri is definitely different from what I normally have in KL. No wonder Hui Ching doesn't like Lei Cha, haha.
It's a very healthy dish, made up of various types of vegetables including mint, long beans, 树仔菜, pickled raddish, black eyed peas, bean curds, etc. Anyone interested in this food? I know 2 places that serve nice Lei Cha, 1 in Tmn Sri Sinar and 1 in Jinjang. Of course both places are in KL, not Miri. I can bring you there if possible.

Another Hakka dish, 算盘子, which means the beads of abacus literally. Made of yam and tapioca flour. Many people know how to prepare this dish, but to prepare delicious, tasty and chewy ones is not easy.

A dish that I never heard or tasted before. 糟菜粉干/糟菜米粉, sorry I really don't know how to translate its name into English. Its taste was unique, so I think not everyone would like this dish. Basically it's thick vermicelli in thick soup, sour and spicy. The Chinese wine gave a strong body to the dish. Honestly I couldn't describe the taste of it, you really have to try it to understand what am I talking about, LOL.

We also indulged ourselves during the hot day by having this: the snow flakes. I forgot what's the name of the cafe, but I believe that they have branches all over Malaysia.
The soursop one was superb! With the soursop flesh but without its seeds, so refreshing and satisfying.

The trip was short and we only had half a day to walk around in Miri. Other than pampering ourselves with food, for sightseeing we just went to the Fan City (fan-shaped park?) 扇形公园.
The girls.

I'll certainly visit to Miri again someday.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pig lar u.. always put many many food for us to see only.. cannot eat oso~~~ booooooooo

Shee Ying said...

more to come~~~ ;p

Post a Comment